Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Safety first.

I just spent 43 minutes on the phone with AT&T getting my e-mail to work.


Hurray!


And so, to celebrate, I will tell you about The Greatest Thing Ever ... which also happens to be Reason Number 986,422,307 Why Cha Cha Needs a Digital Camera Already.

Mr. Wonderful's wonderful parents have a lake house. On a lake. Filled with water. And Foxie Doxie, Geriatric Poodle and I were invited.


Geriatric Poodle spent the weekend being held by Mr. Wonderful's delighted mom.

And Foxie Doxie?


Foxie Doxie spent the weekend wearing one of these:


It's a doggie life jacket. Made for doggies. By a company called ... Outward Hound.


I know. I know!

Foxie Doxie spent the weekend riding a boat. And inspecting the boat when it was docked. And swimming. And riding a waverunner. And standing just a bit straighter every time he put on his life jacket.

And Mr. Wonderful and I? We spent the weekend randomly calling out, "Outward hooooound!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

snicker. Outward Hound. He probably imagined he was a rescue dog like a St. Bernard all weekend;)

BOSSY said...

This post needs to come with a Cute alert!

Becky Brown said...

Melissa: You are right. I think he pictured his little 12-pound self as a cross between a St. Bernard and Baywatch-era David Hasselhoff.

Bossy: You are also right. I put a lot of folks in danger by not clearly alerting readers to the cuteness about to sear their retinas. My bad!