Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Social media confounds me.

Or maybe I understand social media and people confound me. That's more likely.

Remember the Mean Girl who dissed me, pointedly asking my friend - but not me - to accompany her to a gathering where "all the cute and fun girls" would be?

She just asked to join my network on LinkedIn.

You won't talk to me but you want me to help you find a job? Seriously?

I also received a LinkedIn invite from a rather shy but crazy-smart analytics guy at Corporate Behemoth. He's so nice but so quiet. But so good at his job. Will I social network with you, Shy Guy? Hell yeah! I will help you find whatever job your heart desires.

But Mean Girl? Go to hell.

In other social media news, I've discovered the joys of diagnosing high school classmates with random psychological disorders based on their Facebook posts.

Case in point? One of my classmates posted about the craptasticness of her local public schools. Like, posted a lot. To the point she announced that she would be home-schooling her daughter.

OK, that's cool. Do what is best for your family.

But! But then my classmate saw Matt Damon speak about the necessity paying public school teachers better. She responded in the most effective way possible: via Facebook. And so, she posted this gem for all the world to see:

I wanted to jump through the TV screen and strangle Matt Damon for talking about giving teachers 10 year. What a load of crap!

It took me a long, long time to figure out what she was talking about: tenure.

I'm thinking borderline personality disorder with a side of anger-management issues. Thoughts?

4 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

"I've discovered the joys of diagnosing high school classmates with random psychological disorders based on their Facebook posts."

Why do we not live in the same town?

Janet said...

LOL at "10 year." Doesn't sound to me like this person should be home schooling anyone!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, yeah, her home schooled kids are SO going to benefit from her teaching...

Yay for helping out the shy guy and leaving mean girl in the dust. I keep telling my sons that adulthood is a great equalizer in these things...

8 said...

Oh I second Janet!!!! LMAO! The EVEN better part? She blasted her stupidity on Facebook for all the world to see........ hahaha!!!