Monday, December 28, 2009

What's the difference between buffalo and bison?

I'm in Iowa. It's cold here. But Christmas was warm and bright.

Unless you are a doxie.

I sort of, umm, had a moment of weakness in the dollar aisle at Target. See, there were these costumes, right? And they were only $2.50 each! So, if I bought two, that was only $5! And what's a mere $5 when it comes to spreading holiday happiness, love, joy, and general goodwill?

Exactly.
So, maybe the costumes didn't fit precisely.
And maybe the kids looked more like bison than reindeer.
But I think the dachshund bison totally spread holiday cheer.

Seriously.
I think it was cold enough that they didn't even mind wearing these get-ups all day long.
Or maybe they're just playing it cool while they plot my untimely death.
Whatever. It was totally worth it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas bison! Love it! I think their eyes shine with love, Cha Cha, not the evil gleam of vengeance.

Caron said...

What festive Christmas bison! Keep one eye open as you sleep.

It looks like warm bison outfits were necessary: We drove back to Des Moines yesterday and were surprised by the wrecks on I-80. Some were far more than just cars that slid off the road. I think I'm glad I was in Ohio where it was 40 degrees.

Angie said...

I just about fell out of my chair! Totally worth it -- especially when you factor in that they can break them out every year and will never outgrow them...of course you have to keep them from being eaten by you know who!

Laura said...

Fabulous!

Maybe we can all create a new Christmas story with the bison (bisons? bisi?) playing a starring role. Maybe they can set out with the frog on an epic journey to find the true meaning of the holidays - or to stand in line for a $300 30 inch plasma? I'm just sayin . . . there is a lot to work with here!

itsjustme said...

Holy Crap Soul Sister!! Those are the cutest dogs ever, EVER!! I mean bison. Hope you are having good times with the family.

SCREAMING FOR CHOCOLATE said...

I can't beleive you got them to keep the outfits on all day. Really cute.

gertrude said...

Those are frickin' awesome - I love them! Hope you all had a very merry Christmas!