Sunday, March 11, 2012

A good book to start a new week.

Thanks for all of the book recommendations. I love them! In the spirit of reciprocity, I must say ... I have a book that you must run out and read right this second.

For real.

Pick up Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. It is ... amazing. Or, as my crazy hair stylist would say, "amazeballs." But I don't think I can quite pull that off.

Anyway, let me just say that I'm not particularly interested in military history or World War II. However ... I could not stop thinking about this story. I became a little bit obsessed. I would like to buy a copy of this book for everyone I know, just so we could have some sort of galactic book club. But since I'm not Oprah, I'll just write about it here.

Former juvenile delinquent Louis Zamperini became was an Olympic runner. Then, he ended up in the Army Air Force during WWII. His plane was shot down over the Pacific, leaving him and two others in a raft, in the middle of the ocean.

And then?

Well, you should just read the book. It's an incredibly well-written account of an incredible true story and an amazing human being.

So. Inspiring.

2 comments:

Cyndi B. said...

Thanks for the suggestion! Glad you're back, btw.

Anonymous said...

Am reading it for this month's bumble book club RIGHT NOW. They're about to be found in the middle of the ocean. She's a brilliant writer.