Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fiber what?

It's a time of great gratitude here at noodleroux.

No, Mattel hasn't contacted me yet about the Krystle and Alexis Barbies. In fact, when I mentioned it to My Guy, he said, "You want them to send you a Lexus? What?"

So, I'll keep on that.

But the real gratitude?

Antoine the TBD Breast Lump is a fibroadenoma. Read: benign. Read: no further treatment. Read: holycrapthankyouthankyouthankyou.

A fibroadenoma is a basically a lump of normal breast cells that just decided to live together a little too close. Like a commune. But not like, say, Branch Davidians. More like your hippie uncle who's really into organic farming.

The lumpectomy I had 12 years ago was for a fibroadenoma. But let's talk about medical advances. Now, 12 years later, I just had a fibroadenoma vacuumed out. Sure, my boob is all bruised and looks like a tiny melon baller took a notch out of it. But I didn't have to go under, and I won't have an inch-and-a-half-long scar.

Whew.

Funny thing? It's not just "Whew! Let's move on." Processing good news takes time and energy to process, just like processing not-so-good news.

I'm exhausted. Thankful, but exhausted.

9 comments:

Patti said...

YEAH!! Congrats on the good news. The bruising will go away, the space will fill in (like you need it...maybe you could donate some to those in need?) and you can continue on your awesomely happy way with the new house, the upcoming wedding and happily ever after (with some dog poop and vomit and other little life enhancing events thrown in for good measure). Thanks for the update. Most of the organic farmers I know eventually lead a "normal" life....the Branch Davidians, not so much, so again, yeah!

sherilee said...

That Branch Davidian comment cracked me up! Thanks for that. And so thankful for you that you're free and clear from Antoine! Regularly scheduled life can now resume... with processing, of course.

slow panic said...

Yea!!! So happy for you!! Take care of yourself -- good news does take energy. Relax, have a cupcake and get the hell ready for that wedding!!!

Gretchen Hembree said...

Yipee!!!!!

Cyndi B. said...

HURRAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!
That comparison to the hippie uncle made me laugh--you are SO funny.
So glad for you!

Unknown said...

Life is good! Thanks for sharing the good news and I so hope Mattel send you Krystal and Alexis. You totally deserve them.

Mel said...

Nearly peed myself at my desk...hippie uncles and Branch Davidians, nice!

So so glad to hear that you got good news! Rock on, cha cha!

8 said...

Y.E.S!!!!! So glad to hear this!