Sunday, June 17, 2007

My dad is the smartest man in the world.



Our good friends at Post Secret posted this card today, and it brings to mind a myriad of important facts that I learned from my dad. In honor of Father's Day, I bring you the top three:

1. Your belly button is where they inflate you when you start to deflate and fly around the room like a balloon.

2. Garbonzo beans come from the Valley of Garbonz.

3. Jell-o comes from Canada, where it is harvested on vast plantations. Typically, each plantation has fields for the different flavors, and the Jell-o has to be carefully harvested out of the pod, much like cotton. The real difficulty with raw Jell-o is transportation. The wigglyness makes trains jump the tracks, semis roll and planes veer dangerously off-course. That's why they dehydrate raw Jell-o for transport.

I can't wait to visit Canada and try real, raw Jell-o. It's a life-long dream.

Happy Father's Day, dad. You're the best.

No comments: