Saturday, February 23, 2008

Really smart thoughts on a Saturday.

Running errands today, I saw a bumper sticker that made me laugh out loud:

Evolution: I give it two thumbs up!

Ha!

And then, I saw a car with a Hawaii license plate.

Now, how does that work? Of course, somebody's probably legally a Hawaii resident, but their car just happens to be in the Midwest. I know, I know.

But I prefer to think that that little mid-sized sedan drove a really, really long way. Like, across a bridge. A bridge where, hopefully, they have really nice rest stops where you can sleep in your car without fear of pirates. Arrr!

Which makes me think of a joke Mr. Wonderful told me the other day.

A guy finds a genie. The genie will grant him one wish. The man wants to see Hawaii - but he wants to drive.

The genie goes ballistic. "Dude, that is one hella-long bridge! There's no way! Pick something else."

The man thinks for a moment. "Ok, then. I'd like to understand how women's minds work."

The genie looks at him. "How many lanes do you want on that bridge?"

Ha ha ha. Evolution: I give it two thumbs up!

No comments: