Thursday, May 17, 2012

The final countdown.

Thank you for your kind words and birthday wishes. They made my heart glad!

My sweet husband gave me my heart's desire: a pencil sharpener. I seriously love it. Hi, I'm a writer.

And my sweet book club brought me a completely delish birthday cake. I wasn't the only one who thought it was divine ... just moments after book club broke up, I turned to find Foxie Doxie standing on my kitchen table, licking the frosting off said cake. Not eating the cake - just licking the frosting.

I couldn't even be mad. It was adorable. And who doesn't love frosting?

Now? I will be unemployed in about 20 hours. I am exhausted, and am having trouble imagining what it will be like to be rid of this stress. See, they are back filling my position ... with my friend. I want her to succeed, but she is starting from scratch. So, instead of the "Screw you honkies!" sentiment that occasionally rises in my throat, I'm centered more on helping her. Writing everything down ... even if she isn't reading it. Ahem.

I'm drinking wine.

And, as is my custom, I'm having trouble eating. However, I've discovered the key to getting a sandwich down, and I'd like to share it with you.

French onion chip dip.

As a condiment.

Yes. For real.

Now, as an Iowa girl, I am completely dedicated to Anderson Erickson dips. There are no other dips in my life. But, if you don't live in the Midwest, I know you have to make do.

So, yeah. French onion chip dip. It's the very best on BLTs. But it's also awesome with, you know, any other toast / meat / tomato combo. Add some real onion and maybe a little cheese, and you've got yourself a culinary orgasm. Few people know this, but that's what Sally was eating in the diner scene in When Harry Met Sally.

And ... you're welcome.

3 comments:

Cyndi B. said...

I live in the Midwest and have never encountered these dips...I must check them out!

Anonymous said...

Atta girl--way to celebrate in style! Frosting, wine, writing...

sherilee said...

I get French Onion dip cravings, but silly me, I usually use chips as a vehicle to get it in my mouth. Now that you mention sandwiches, it's on my to-do list, near the top! Yum.