Monday, October 13, 2008

Give a little bit.

So, the funk is still funky. I'm tired of writing about how things are basically falling apart in my life, so I can only imagine how sick and tired all you three readers are of reading about it. I mean, sobbing in the parking lot of Duds 'n' Suds is way fun, but it's just not the sort of thing you can do every day.

It's called moderation, people.

I'm feeling a bit more in control at the moment, and am working very hard to set the pace for myself at work and in my personal life. I'm trying to kick the crap to the curb and focus on the really important stuff.

Or, kick the carp to the curb, as I initially typed. Damn you, carp! Get your fish-ass self outta here!

Anyway.

I have been hiding. I've been letting everybody go to voicemail. I have about a gazillion unanswered e-mails. I have been turned very much inward. And that's understandable ... but not exactly my long-term style choice.

I found a little somethingsomething that appeals to the Nice Girl in me who always tries to compliment strangers and tip very, very well. It's 29 Gifts - participants give 29 gifts in 29 days and report back on their experience. Put good things out into the universe and get many blessings in return.

Simple enough. I'm going to give it a go. And I'll report about it here. I'm hoping it will shake awake my inner Not Miserable Cha Cha.

Today's gift is with a thankful but heavy heart ... I made a memorial donation in honor of Michelle Mayer at Diary of a Dying Mom. She passed away this weekend, after a long struggle ... and a graceful lesson in what it means to truly be alive. I am richer for her life, and I am humbled by how she shared her experiences. I gave a small gift in honor of that, but really, she gave me a much, much greater gift.

4 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

If you can't bitch and moan on your own blog, where the hell else can you bitch and moan.

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better.

I'm going to go check 29 gifts out.

Linda Summerfield said...

You have so beautifully articulated the impact Michelle had on the world.
I think you are do for a big dose of good karma.

ZenCrafter said...

Cha Cha, you can count me as your faithful fourth reader, even though I don't comment as much as the others. I feel that I'm a little (OK, a lot) out of my league here, but I do so appreciate your writing and how eloquently and humorously you express what you're dealing with. You have a gift. Don't stop writing. If it didn't sound so un-Zen, I'd do what you're doing and try to kick those carps to the curb too.

Kizz said...

Sometimes when I'm feeling shitty and need to do some purging I go out and buy a carp and kick it to the curb. So much easier than kicking my crap to the curb. So much.

Chin up! You're doing great.