Friday, March 2, 2007

Relaxation is an art

I've been traveling for work this week. It's been my first travel for Corporate Behemoth, and Oh. My. God. Let's talk about decadent. Cabs. Gigantic meals. Gigantic meals before receptions where I would normally be filling up on appetizers because I am From The Midwest. It's been an adjustment.

Now, I'm hanging out, taking a long weekend and meeting up with My Gay Eighth Grade Boyfriend, a true gem and kindred spirit. He's meeting me tomorrow, leaving me free to flit about the city today. I conquered my fear of public transportation and took the train around to a couple of museums.

Usually, I love art. But today, I was just out of sorts. Part of it is the exhaustion that accompanies three days of stressful meetings - including one where I was basically demoted. And part of it is that I am uncomfortable with free time. I know this.

So, I wandered about and decided that none of the art was really bringing me joy. So, I went shopping. As you do.

I spent $14.90.

And then I went back to the hotel.

It's Friday night and I'm in an amazing city, free to do whatever I want.

And what I want is to eat take-out and watch the NAACP Image Awards in my pajamas. Because sometimes you're just fucking tired, you know?

No comments: