Monday, February 25, 2013

In defense of my too-many-dog-having ways.

Despite copious antibiotics and my best white-trash, steaming-in-the-shower efforts, Lady Doodle still sounds like Darth Vader and a vacuum cleaner had a baby.

She's a bit congested.

My Guy and I have gone back and forth ... she sounds better. No, she sounds worse. She's waaaay better! She kept me awake last night!

This morning, I took her back to the vet. We didn't have an appointment, but sat and waited for them to work us in.

The vet identified an abscess on the roof of the baby girl's mouth.

We moved on to the emergency / trauma vet.

I sat in that waiting room from 1:50 until My Guy came to take me to dinner at 6:20. During that time, I made friends with an 18-year-old dachshund and got French kissed by a gorgeous lab-pit mix.

After a quick getaway for sustenance, My Guy and I sat in that familiar waiting room until our girl was ready to go home around 8.

She has an Oreo-sized mass in the tissue between her palate and her nasal passages. Her distinctive snorgle comes from the fact that 80% of the passage from her sinuses to her throat is blocked.

The mass didn't break up easily. We are waiting a few days for pathology, but the vet feels the signs point to cancer.

Having her muzzle all messed with has left Lady Doodle with a Rolly Fingers-esque curled mustache. It's a distinctive look, really.

She's currently asleep with her head on my foot. I've lost feeling in that appendage.

I feel rather numb all over, actually. Except I want to take back every time I've ever said that 4 dogs is too many. Four dogs is perfect. Any fewer than 4 dogs is inadequate.

12 comments:

Leslie Smith said...

I am so sorry, friend. Thinking of you.

Trixie Bang Bang said...

hopefully it will be nothing. or at least removing it buys her more time. sorry for the lack of caps, i'm too lazy to shift.

Laura said...

Oh no, I am so sorry. I hope that it turns out to be benign and that you have many more years of being a four dog family ahead. Those furry bastards worm their way into your heart like nothing else can.

smalltownme said...

Poor girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I'm glad you took her in to get a closer look.

Cyndi B. said...

So sorry to hear this! Hoping that removing it will take care of it and she'll be back to her old self.

Colleen said...

Sending happy thoughts, prayers, and good mojo for Lady Doodle.

Dorrie said...

Praying for you all. Hopefully, it will be nothing. It sort of puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

ilyanna said...

Oh, ChaCha, I'm so sorry. Big warm hugs your way, and a very absorbent shoulder.

Kelley said...

Poor Lady Doodle! Sending lots of good juju your way!

8 said...

Poor Lady Doodle. Sending hugs and jugs of alcoholic beverages to help calm your neves. Virtually of course.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Poor Lady Doodle. Poor Cha-Cha. At least she will be able to breathe easier now (and you, too?) while you wait for the pathology report. Dogs are, I think, a perfect example of unconditional love. ♥