Friday, October 2, 2009

Day of the Doggie.

Dear Minnesota Matron is going through that most painful rite of passage: her beloved pooch is fading. Jekyll, the sassy dog who once ate a five-pound bag of flour, is actively dying.

The Matron writes with such strength, and she is handling the situation with grace. My heart goes out to her.

It's been less than a year since I lost the Geriatric Poodle, and I think about him every day. The day he died, I told him that I'd love him every day forever. And it's true.
I miss his sweet smell and the softness of his fur. And I was laughing just yesterday because he would smack his lips when he was happy, and I have long wanted to try that out in meetings. You know, instead of nodding in agreement? I want to just smack my lips and see what happens. Maybe it will catch on.

I don't understand people who say they aren't dog people.
Obviously, dogs are a valued part of my team.
And for anybody who thinks dogs don't give their all? Well, I defy you to watch this news clip. I promise it has a happy ending, but ... ohmigod.


So, here's to Lil' Frankfurter and Foxie Doxie and all those dogs out there who just want somebody to love.

Let a dog rescue you. Because I can't adopt any more and still, you know, not be a freak.

3 comments:

itsjustme said...

Dear Cha Cha,

You simply MUST post a strong warning before showing video like this. I'm at school CRYING. The kids are going to think I'm losing my mind.

I love my babies and can't imagine not having dogs!!

Karen Jensen said...

Your video seems to be missing. But a lovely post. I have passed over into the freak status--three doggies here.

~annie said...

I am not a dog person. That being said, I do see that dogs give their all and it is terribly sad when they get old and/or sick and have to leave us. The biggest reason I don't have a dog is that I am away from my home at least 10 hours every day and it would be cruel to leave such a loyal animal alone for that amount of time. Maybe one day, when my circumstances change - but right now it is not to be.