Saturday, October 24, 2009

Highlights of the week.

1. Lil' Frankfurter pooped today. It was even outside. Yes, it was on my deck. But it was outside. And it was a sign that his digestive tract is back in business. Yahoo!

2. My Iowa Hawkeyes? Were down 9-13 with :02 left to go against Michigan State.

And we won. We won! We threw for a touchdown with two seconds left! We're 8-0 for the first time in school history! I have been jumping around, cussing, and pumping my fists in the air like a freak. Alone. While my dogs exchange glances that clearly say, "Well, she's finally gone over the edge."

My parents called me. We are all basically incoherent. My darling mama, who has repeatedly told me, "You are a lady of grace and dignity and shall conduct yourself as such?" That lady?

She said, "Your daddy can't even talk. But I can sum it all up in three words: holy fucking shit."

My thoughts exactly.

Today is a good day.

4 comments:

itsjustme said...

1. Always a good day when we can get them to poop . . . and outside!

2. Glad it was a good day. Holy fucking shit indeed.

Jennifer VM said...

As someone who was AT the game, it was amazing. Lots of jaws dropped and a very quiet exit at Spartan Stadium.

Also prevalent? Lots of people farting. We called it Spartan Sulphur.

mel said...

I like your mama. It's always nice to see your team make a fool out of nay-sayers.

Beth said...

As another Iowa fan. Holy Fucking Shit!! What a game!!

Glad to hear that Lil Frank is doing better. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.