Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I don't ask for much.

Lil' Frankfurter currently is asleep with his head resting on my wrist. As I type. And as he makes what I call The Snorgle.

You know The Snorgle - that sickeningly adorable snort that dogs make when they are sleepy and happy. Both Frankfurter and Foxie Doxie have their own versions of The Snorgle and it pleases me very much. It's so cute that it almost makes up for the fact that Frankfurter is still not housetrained.

Oh, sweet eight-pound, five-ounce baby Jesus in your golden fleece diaper, help me. Help me to get Lil' Frankfurter to understand that when he goes potty outside and I stand there and say all those sweet, affirming things to him that it's a sign. It's a sign from You that he should go potty outside. All the time. Please help me to teach him that while the house is mercifully all hardwoods, grass is so much better for doing certain business. Please help Foxie Doxie continue to set a positive example for his brother, and please guide Lil' Frankfurter to follow that example. Please bless our home with fresh air so that it doesn't stink like dog pee. Thank you for making Lil' Frankfurter so cute so that I don't sell him to gypsies, even though it would make for a really funny "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" doxie-esque photo essay based on the Cher song. Please grant us patience, grace and all the paper towels we need. In the name of the kibble and the Nylabone and the Greenies, Amen.

4 comments:

LaDue & Crew said...

Amen to that, Sista! Their cousin, Vinny, is still fighting that same battle. I'm getting to that point... I have the gypsies number ready, on speed dial. One more crap and he's toast.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Oh, Lil Frank, looking so cute you can't help but forgive the peeing.

Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, THIS is why I can't do a dog. The peeing. It would send me over the edge. I admire your patience.

itsjustme said...

Having just started working on my finances and subsequently determining how much the hellion and her companion are costing me a year, I say to you SMALL DOGS RULE. Beside the obvious difference in the amount they eat, I assure you that if either dog put a head on my wrist as I typed, there would be no more typing to be had.

AND it is much less pee that you have to clean up as Lil' Frankfurter makes mistakes. Although I am eternally grateful that mine are fully potty trained. Now if they would just stop eating everything in sight. sigh. Maybe next year.