Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Because I'm the mama.

Tonight, I had a fancypants pedicure. Like, with a reflexology massage and everything. The lady was so nice, but at one point she did ask how long it had been since my last pedicure.

"By someone that's not me?"

"Uh-huh?"

I thought carefully. "About a year?"

Which is a total lie! It's been at least two years. No wonder I'm single. I've been walking around with the podiatrical (is that even a word? it should be) equivalent of a snaggletooth.

The kids? They are not amused. I make them wipe their paws every single time they come in the house. Why am I not held up to the same standards?
It's not fair.

6 comments:

LaDue & Crew said...

Those eyes again- how can you stand it?!!

I'm ashamed... 3 years since the last professional pedicure for me.

Karen Jensen said...

I am a pedicure virgin.

Iron Needles said...

You are getting the LOOK! Totally unfair.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I've never had a pedicure, but I hear good things.

Linda Summerfield said...

The trick is to only use the services of a person with very limited English. You don't get the embarrassing questions, but they will openly talk about your funky hooves in their native tongue.

you gotta wonder said...

Eek! You are brave! I've never had a pedicure, but I mostly wipe my feet before coming inside.