Sunday, April 12, 2009

Celebrating eggsellence.

I just got home from a weekend with the fam.

Best Family Sporting Event
Bocce ball. We played with Poochie's BFF, whom we all admit is our parents' second favorite child, after the shih tzu. The day was gorgeous, the dogs kept trying to catch the Bocce balls, and I kept my losing streak intact. I scored no points. All afternoon.

Best Random match.com E-mail
Dear Cha Cha,

I'm sorry I haven't contacted you a while. I have been focusing on someone special here on match, and it's to the point where it wouldn't be fair for anyone if I continue building other relationships. I think you're great and that we would definitely have fun together. If circumstances change, I hope you don't mind if I contact you. But for now, I hope you understand.

Best of luck,
Dude

How nice for Dude to acknowledge all of this - I think this is classy and truly wish him the best.

Worst Random match.com E-mail
Dear Cha Cha,
I apologize for the long delay in replying. As it turns out, I've met someone through this site and we are enjoying spending time together. In addition, my view of Christianity is quite a bit more orthodox than yours. So, from that point of view, we are obviously not a good match.

You have a wicked sense of humor. Best of luck.

Some Guy

That's fine, Some Guy. I didn't realize that real Christianity involved e-mailing match.com contacts on Easter morning, but I guess you know better than I do. Besides, I'm too busy burning in hell to date you, anyway.

Best Accessories
Easter bandannas, of course.
Best Reaction to Lil' Frankfurter Barking and Peeing Inside All Weekend
Cha Cha: So, Dad, I can get you a dachshund reeaaaal cheap.
Dad: Huh?
Cha Cha: What's it gonna take to get you into a dachshund today?
Dad: I don't think I've ever been that drunk.

Best Reaction to the Long-Term, Ongoing Feud Between Cha Cha and Poochie Over Their Mother's Avocado Green Circa 1969 Crock Pot That They Both Want Upon Her Unfortunate Demise
Mom: If you kids can't work it out, I am going to be cremated! And then they'll put my ashes in the crock pot! And then you'll just have to pass it back and forth and nobody will get to use it!

Best Appearance By a Long-Lost Friend
Krampus the Christmas Frog is back! And fresh as a spring day in his Easter finery.
Krampus surprised the family by hiding in the pantry in front of the breakfast cereal. And later? I stepped out of the shower to find a terrifying message on the steamed-up mirror:

Krampus will come for YOU!

I expected to find Krampus sitting in the hallway with a knife, but he was actually pretty mellow this fine Easter weekend. I think he had too much sugar. I blame Peeps.

6 comments:

LaDue & Crew said...

I LOVE Krampus!! So not expecting him, and I totally cracked up when I saw him!

Men, with the nice shade of email in front of their faces, are butt holes.

Your dads response was classic! I {heart} him.

Your mom is freakin' hysterical!

SCREAMING FOR CHOCOLATE said...

Love the pooch pics. Yeah..that sugar overload will get you every time.

Rebecca said...

Your parents are so sweet and funny!

You're a lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Your dad sounds like a tough act to follow! The sugar and the bocce ball probably took the slap out of the matchless/senseless men messages.

p.s. glad to see you had a rock bus of loveless holiday! remember, recovery is one day at a time, cha cha!

Anonymous said...

A few things:

Is "Some Guy" my ex-husband? Because that so totally sounds like him. He has a Jesus Blog and tells me all the time that I'm going to hell.

I like the ashes-in-the-crock-pot idea. Would your Mom mind if I stole it?

I think instead of blaming Peeps, you should thank them for saving your damn life by putting Krampus into a sugar coma. He looks like an amphibian serial killer for sure.

hope505 said...

"...Besides, I'm too busy burning in hell to date you, anyway."*hahaha!* Good one!
and: BONUS! Krampus the Holiday Frog!! K-frog always makes me laugh
* : D