Friday, January 30, 2009

No wallowing! Only looking ahead!

Tonight, I went out for margaritas and fish tacos with my friend Kate. We've known each other since her freshman year of college, my sophomore year. Yes, we were sorority sisters. Like, omigod!

Anyway, there is no other human on this planet who is as laid back as Kate. So, if you're ever looking for a booster of "it's not you, it's him, and it's all good," have a margarita with Kate.

And now Foxie Doxie and I are hanging out. I have a mud mask slathered on my face, and Foxie was dying for a taste. And I'm figuring out the camera built in to my new laptop. It was one of those times in life when you know something amazing is about to happen.

Obviously, Foxie tasted the mask, and obviously, it wasn't to his liking.

And how much do we love the vintage school map? I've found that it makes me want to travel and explore, which is exciting.

Something else that is exciting? A friend's mom e-mailed me and asked if she could give my e-mail and number to the son of one of her friends. I sat on this request for a few days, given the events of this week and the fact that the man in question has the same first name as The Ex-Boyfriend Formerly Known as Mr. Wonderful.

Could I really date someone with the same name?

I've decided that not giving him a chance just because of his name would be like someone not dating me simply because I'm short. So tonight I responded and gladly gave my contact info. After all, Foxie and I are looking forward, and we're looking for adventure.

7 comments:

itsjustme said...

Hooray! Go out there and date! I'm glad you got to spend time with Kate, and it is probably best that Foxie Doxie doesn't love the mask.
Do you really want him licking the whole thing off? Yeck.

Anonymous said...

That? Is the face of a woman with a bright future--and some smoooooooth skin ahead of her!
Love your map!

you gotta wonder said...

What fun! Wallow-freedom! I love it!

LaDue & Crew said...

See, you're making amazing strides... You're open to another date, AND on the www with a mask all over your face. You are THE bomb!

Christy said...

Ooh la la! That's awesome. You have to report back on how your communications with him go!

And the 'same name' debate was serious conversation in my house last summer. You see, we wanted our daughter to have a Welsh, or at least Celtic origin, name. We came up with two names and decided to wait until the day she was born. One of the names was the name of a friend's wife, and the other happened to be the name of an aunt's beloved dog who had to be put down last year. My parents could not believe we were considering that name, as they only associated it with said crazy dog. But we figured if we named our daughter that, very shortly they would associate it with their granddaughter, and not the dog. Guess which name we chose?

jean said...

Totally understand the "same name" problem. I'm glad you decided to give him a try anyway. And bonus points for you with the face mask photo!!

Karen Jensen said...

I love foxie's face!